The Police Service is a single cohesive unit, organized on national basis with a unified command under the leadership of the Inspector General of Police [IGP], who, subject to any direction/directives from the Police Council, is responsible for exercising general day-to-day supervision and control over the Administration and Operation of the Police Service.
Mode of Application to Ghana Police Service
All individuals who wish to apply are to note that the only mode of application is online and that application will cease on the closing date.
To apply, the individual must be sure of having a functional e-mail address
The online application form is then accessed only by Serial Number [SN] and Pin Code [PIN] on the voucher. When you access the form online, follow instructions carefully and fill with correct information that is being required. Do not forget to submit.
- Give your full official name at the point of purchase of voucher.
- Keep your PIN and SN for all states of the recruitment process.
Stages of The Ghana Police Service Recruitment Process
When the online application is over, a short list will be made of applicants who meet the initial requirement.
Let us now look at some process that will be gone through;
- Selected persons will be invited to centers of their choice for further procedures. This is where body examination and selection, examination and inspection of academic and personal documents shall be conducted.
- Successful candidates shall be made to write aptitude test. Here again, the list will be reduced.
- Individuals who pass this aptitude test will then go through criminal and background check.
- Successful applicants will then go through a medical examination.
- Applicants whose name appear in the final list of selected candidates shall then be invited for the commencement of training.
Ghana Police Forms and Rules for 2017
It is very important for all applicants to note that;
- Forms are filled only online,
- Instructions are to be read thoroughly before filling the form,
- A person who submits application forms more than once will be disqualified,
- All academic certificates will be verified at WAEC. In any case of forged results, the individual will be prosecuted,
- All communications with applicants will be done through e-mails only,
- Only shortlisted applicants will be invited for further processes.
The Ghana Police Training
During the process of training, candidates will be treated with high discipline. They shall be trained towards;
- Protecting life and property,
- Preventing and detecting crime,
- Apprehending and prosecuting offenders
- And maintaining public order to ensure peaceful and safe environment.
This is what you need to know concerning the Ghana Police Service Recruitment.
The Ghana Police Service Official Website
We recommend that interested applicants check out the Ghana Police Service official website for more information relating to the service and application process.
The Ghana eServices Portal contains a lot more information on the Ghana Police Service. That is actually where the service has put all their information.
Apply now to the Ghana Police Service using the links provided and visit the official website for opening and closing dates of application.